What is Athletics Physical Culture
Athletics is a sport that contains a set of disciplines grouped into running, jumping, throwing, combined events walking. It is the art of surpassing opponents’ performance in speed or endurance, in distance or height.
Athletics is one of the few sports practice generally, whether in the amateur world or many competitions of all levels. The naturalness and the few means necessary for its practice partly explain this success. The number of events, individual or team, has varied with time and mentalities.
The first traces of sports competitions come from ancient civilizations. The discipline has developed over the centuries, from the first trials to its regulation.
The calendar evolves according types of events
meetings, meetings between clubs, national championships and main international events. The Olympic Games are the most admired international event. They held every four years since 1896 and athletics is the most crucial discipline.
Since 1982, the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), the body responsible for regulating the discipline, has relaxed its rules to end the period of experts in the sport. The first World Athletics Championships were held in 1983 and held every two years since 1991.
History in Colombia
The history of athletics in Colombia begins in the second decade of the 20th century, both in the modalities of athletics. There are the 100, 200, 400, 800, 1,500, 5,000 and 10,000 meter events; those of 100, 110 and 400 with hurdles and that of 3000 meters with obstacles.
The field modality includes high jumps, pole vaults, long and triple jumps, shot put, javelin, hammer and discus. Most events are individual, but there are also relays, like the 4 x 100 pole and the 4 x 400 meters. Walk tests include in this category.
Since its inception, athletics has been one of the most representative sports in the country and one of those with the highest participation of Afro-Colombians today. Among them are Silvio Marino Salazar, Gilmer Mayo Lozano, Oralia Caraballo, Obelia , Luis Carlos Lucuma, Felipa Palacios and María Isabel Urrutia.
Thanks to their efforts, Colombian athletes have achieved acceptable performances on the international stage.
The athletics stage Any firm, even surface that can accept shoe tips can use for athletics.
Competition area for races:
– The “circular” track with 4 lanes of at least 1 meter each and the safety zones which will measure no less than 1.00 m. in the groove and preferably at 1.00 m. abroad.
– The straight line of 100 meters, with at least 6 lanes.
The obstacle course track is the same as the “circular” track.
Competition area for jumps
– The installation for the long jump with a 40 m runner. minimum; flight deck (1.22 m.) located between 1 and 3 m. from the edge closest to the landing site and the landing site (minimum width 2.75 m and the furthest end at least 10 m from the take-off line).
– The installation for the triple jump is the same as for the long jump, except in international competitions, where the take-off board is 13 m. for men and 11 m. for women, from the edge closest to the falling pit. For any other type of competition, this distance will be adequate for the level of the competition.
Install the high jump with a semi-circular corridor (minimum radius 20 m) and a landing area (minimum 5 m. X 3 m.)
– Installation for pole vault with lane (minimum 40 m.), Box to insert the pole and landing zone (minimum 6.50 m. X 5 m.).
Competition area for launches
– The installation for the discus throw with throwing circle (2.50 m. Diameter), protective cage and landing zone (80 m. Radius, 54.72 m. Rope).
– Installation for hammer throwing with throwing circle (2.135 m. Diameter), protective cage and landing zone (90 m. Radius, 61.56 m. Rope).
– The ease of javelin throwing with a lane (30 m. A 36.50 m. X 4 m.), Arch with a radius of 8 m. and fall area (radius of 100 m, rope of 50.00 m).
– The installation for the shot put with a throwing circle (2.135 m. Diameter), a container (1.22 m.) And a landing zone (25 m. Radius, 17.10 m. Rope).
The term athletics comes from the Greek word athletes, which define as “that person who participates in a particular event for a prize”, noting that said Greek word is related to the word ethos .
Also Read: What Is The Alternative Lifestyles
Review What is Athletics Physical Culture.